They are tweaks trying to get it back to whe

#1 von mary123 , 06.05.2019 11:20

BOSTON -- Mired deep in last place in the AL East standings, the Tampa Bay Rays rallied late and kept the Boston Red Sox from moving within a game of the division lead.Luke Mailes two-run homer in the seventh put Tampa Bay into a 3-3 tie and set up Evan Longorias game-winning solo shot in the eighth as the Rays rallied to beat the Red Sox 4-3 on Tuesday night.Exciting win. That was a nice come from behind, Tampa Bay manager Kevin Cash said.The Rays have won all of 56 games this season and needed to come from behind for 27 of them. Tuesdays rally did nothing to help the Rays standing within the division, but it did keep Boston from picking up a game on first-place Toronto after the Blue Jays 5-3 loss to Baltimore.Boston remained two games behind Toronto for the AL lead and the Orioles are just one game behind the Red Sox.This is what happens down toward the end of the year, Boston shortstop Xander Bogaerts said. Some teams are battling to push you out of the playoffs and some teams are battling to stay in it.Bogaerts doubled during Bostons two-run sixth inning that briefly put the Red Sox up 3-1. The Rays tied it in the seventh with and unlikely power source at a crucial moment. Maile delivered his second career homer with two outs in the seventh, driving a 1-2 pitch from Drew Pomeranz out to left.It was the last pitch of the night from Pomeranz, who was one strike from cruising into the eighth with a two-run lead.Longoria finished up the rally in the eighth with his 31st homer of the season, a shot that cleared the Green Monster altogether and stuck Boston reliever Clay Buchholz (5-10) with the loss.It is what he does. Thats why hes such a special player, Cash said. Were thankful weve got Longo on our side.Pomeranz and Tampa Bay starter Jake Odorizzi both pitched well but didnt factor in the decision.Enny Romero (2-0) pitched a scoreless seventh with two strikeouts and got the win. Alex Colome survived a hit and a passed ball in the ninth while picking up his 29th save.Pomeranz struck out eight in 6 2/3 innings, allowing three runs, five hits and two walks. Odorizzi allowed three runs and five hits in six innings, striking out seven and walking two.Hanley Ramirez hit a homer in the fifth for Bostons first run and added an RBI single in the sixth when the Red Sox scored twice to take a 3-1 lead.NO-DECISIONOdorizzi didnt want to discuss much about another strong start that fizzled to a no-decision, but he was thrilled to talk about the performance of his young catcher.Luke was the one who made it all count. What a clutch piece of hitting, he said. He got his pitch, he was sitting on it, and he made the most of it. Without that swing, were not back in the game.GREAT LOCATIONBoston took its first lead in the sixth after Dustin Pedroia walked with one out and went to third on Bogaerts double down the left-field line. Pedroia tagged up and scored on David Ortizs sinking fly ball to right, where Steven Souza Jr. prevented another run with a diving catch.Boston ended up getting the run anyway on an odd single by Ramirez, whose towering popup to shallow right landed safely between Souza and first baseman Brad Miller.Its one of those placement balls that found its spot, Cash said.STAY AWAYBuchholz pitched just the eighth inning. Manager John Farrell said he needed to call on Buchholz for the second straight night -- a first for the former starter -- with reliever Brad Ziegler unavailable with an illness.And with Boston in position for a return to the playoffs, the Red Sox werent taking any chances.He had to leave the ballpark, Farrell said. He has the flu so weve had to keep him quarantined.TRAINERS ROOMRays: Tampa Bay enjoyed a second straight game without a player on the DL. The Rays got back to full strength Monday by activating RHP Alex Cobb, who is coming off Tommy John surgery and is scheduled to start Friday against Toronto. Before Monday, the Rays had at least one player on the DL every game since beating Minnesota 12-5 on July 6, 2011 -- a string of 853 consecutive games.Red Sox: OF Andrew Benintendi has been fitted for a brace for his sprained left knee. Farrell said it will take about a week to construct the custom brace that will allow the rookie to increase the intensity of his rehab workouts. Benintendi injured the knee last Wednesday in a loss at Tampa Bay.UP NEXTRays: LHP Drew Smyly (6-11, 4.80 ERA) starts for the Rays in the series finale Wednesday afternoon. Smyly is 4-0 in his last seven starts with three no-decisions. Smyly has pitched at least six innings during the seven-game span.Red Sox: RHP Steven Wright (13-6, 3.18) will make his first career start against the Rays. The knuckleballer took the loss Friday against Kansas City, allowing five runs and seven hits in six innings. Cheap Air Max 97 China . In the response filed Wednesday to the complaint by 30-year-old Alexander Bradley, attorneys say the former University of Florida player is invoking his Fifth Amendment right that protects people from incriminating themselves. Cheap Air Max 97 Wholesale . Oaklands loss to Seattle clinched the ALs best record for the Red Sox with one day to spare in the regular season. "I think everybody was kind of watching," catcher David Ross said. "Demp (Ryan Dempster) came out before he went to the bullpen and was just yelling that they lost. http://www.cheapairmax97china.com/ . Perhaps Carroll was so prepared for a break because he believes there is very little the Seattle Seahawks need heading into the off-season. "I dont see anything that we need to add. We just have to get better," Carroll said. Wholesale Air Max 97 . LOUIS -- Theres no telling how these wacky World Series games will end. Cheap Air Max 97 Free Shipping . -- Josh Sterk scored once and set up two more as the Oshawa Generals edged the visiting Belleville Bulls 3-2 on Friday in Ontario Hockey League action. Rory McIlroy revealed how much work he has to do before bidding to regain his Open title after an erratic opening round in the 100th French Open in Paris.McIlroy was two under par after six holes at Le Golf National but eventually had to settle for a level-par 71 featuring four birdies, four bogeys and two trips to the water at the 2018 Ryder Cup venue.That left the 27-year-old five shots off the lead held by Denmarks Lucas Bjerregaard, whose 66 gave him a one-shot lead over defending champion Bernd Wiesberger, Belgiums Thomas Pieters, Thailands Thongchai Jaidee and Spains Adrian Otaegui.McIlroy has been putting in the hours on the range with coach Michael Bannon ever since an opening 77 in the US Open led to a first missed cut in a major championship since the 2013 Open.And asked what areas he was working on, the four-time major winner joked: Have you got 10 minutes?My left-hand grip is too strong. Takeaway was going on the inside. Wasnt holding my right elbow properly at the top of my swing. Wasnt getting my right knee out of the way on the downswing... Ive been working on a few things.I was joking with my friends at the weekend; Ive got 17 swing thoughts down to about five, so Im doing okay. Try to get that to two next week.Ive got another hopefully three competitive rounds here. Ive got all next week and then obviously a few days leading up to the Thursday of The Open. So hopefully by then, it will be all bedded in.McIlroy, who was unable to defend his Open title in 2015 after suffering an ankle injury during a game of football with friends, added: I think the hardest thing is that I havent focused on my grip since I changed it when I was maybe 12 years old. Progressively the left hand got a bit stronger and stronger and that clubface is coming in closed at impact.ddddddddddddGripping the club feels quite strange at the minute but I just need to stay with it. Bigger picture, its the right thing to do. They are not major changes. They are tweaks trying to get it back to where I know I can be.Every tournament is important and you want to try and play well but sometimes it just has to be done.Despite his problems, McIlroy still fared better than Masters champion Danny Willett, who double-bogeyed the 18th after finding water with his approach to card a 75 and face the prospect of a second consecutive missed cut.Playing partner Lee Westwood, who finished second to Willett at Augusta, was only a shot better off, while two-time winner Graeme McDowell slumped to a nine-over-par 80.Bjerregaards 66 contained a hole-in-one on the second hole from 202 yards and five birdies, despite playing with a new set of clubs after his own had been lost in transit.It was a great way to start my round, the 24-year-old said. Its my first ever hole-in-one, so that was pretty sweet. It was a perfect number for a seven iron downwind. I hit a great shot straight at it but we couldnt really see it.It looked like it went in, but about five guys were at the back of the green and nobody clapped or reacted in any way and then Matteo (Manassero) said he thought he could see it right behind the pin. I grabbed my putter and we started walking and when we got a little closer we could see no ball on the green.My clubs got lost on the way down here so Nike made me a new set yesterday. Maybe I should just keep these now and let the airline company keep my old ones. ' ' '

mary123  
mary123

BI double by Tyler Naquin and a sacrifice fly by Perez,
e Tuesday night, and a medical examiner said Wednesday th

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen
Datenschutz