Part of whats next is figuring out ways to use my platform to leverage change for other people. Whether thats my work with You C

#1 von chenwen121314 , 13.12.2019 13:53

STORRS, Conn. Balenciaga Pas Cher Chine . -- Geno Auriemma expected his young team to go through growing pains early in the season as they adjusted to life without the Huskies Big Three.So far theyve grown up pretty quickly.Freshman Crystal Dangerfield scored 19 points, Katie Lou Samuelson added 16 and No. 3 UConn extended its winning streak to 77 games with a 72-61 victory over second-ranked Baylor on Thursday night.I think we grew up a lot, Auriemma said . Came of age so to speak. That doesnt mean were older enough to not grow some more.The streak is the second longest in womens college basketball history, standing 13 short of the school record set by the Huskies from 2008-10. With stars Breanna Stewart, Morgan Tuck and Moriah Jefferson gone to the WNBA, Auriemma wasnt sure what to expect from his team early.So far hes been impressed after victories over No. 12 Florida State and now Baylor.What I saw today was surprising, the Hall of Fame coach said.With the game tied at 54 early in the fourth quarter, UConn took over. The Huskies scored 16 of the next 18 points to put the game away. Dangerfield, a diminutive guard, made a spectacular layup with 4:03 left that brought the near sellout crowd to its feet and made it 62-56. Baylor (2-1) couldnt recover.I wont disappear in big games, Dangerfield said. I want to attack. I want to be in those situations. I feel like I have the experience to do it, so Ill be there.Unlike during the 75 games leading into this season where the Huskies (2-0) won every game by double digits and most were decided by halftime, this seasons squad has had to pull out its first two wins in the final quarter.We can fight. We can push back. I think we kind of showed the rest of the country, like OK, its not going to be as easy as you think it is to beat UConn this year, Gabby Williams said.Trailing 40-38 midway through the third quarter, UConn scored 12 of the next 13 points to open up the lead. Kia Nurse got the run started with a jumper and Dangerfield capped it with a 3-pointer.Baylor wouldnt go away, going on a 12-2 run to tie the game at 54 early in the fourth quarter. Alexis Jones, who led the Lady Bears with 23 points, keyed the spurt.UConn contained 6-foot-7 Baylor sophomore Kalani Brown. She had 25 points and 19 rebounds in a win over No. 9 UCLA on Monday. She had just nine points and five rebounds against the Huskies as she was saddled by foul trouble.I thought we faced a lot of adversity tonight, Baylor coach Kim Mulkey said. Calls, momentum. We hung in there even through mistakes. We got to crunch time and we had wasted possessions. Those things have to be fixed and they will.BIG PICTURE:Baylor: The Lady Bears were trying to get a measure of revenge, as the Huskies ended their 69-game home winning streak on Jan. 13, 2014. That was the last meeting between the teams until Thursday. ... Preseason All-America Nina Davis was scoreless in 24 minutes.UConn: Two games in and the Huskies have already played two of the top 12 teams in the country. Before the regular season is finished, UConn will have played six of the other top eight teams in the poll. Its the first time the Huskies have opened the season with two ranked opponents since 1998-99. They played three consecutive ranked teams (Duke, Arkansas and UCLA) that season. ... The Huskies have won 50 straight home games. ... The UConn Huskies unveiled their championship banner from last season before the game.POLL IMPLICATIONS:UConn should move up at least one spot in the poll while Baylor will drop at least one place.SERIES HISTORY:These teams played five times between 2010 and 2014 -- the only meetings between the storied programs until Thursday night.UP NEXT:Baylor: After playing back-to-back top 10 teams, the Lady Bears return home to face Mississippi Valley State on Sunday. Baylor has only played top 10 teams in the first three games of the season one other time, in 2012. The Lady Bears split those games, beating Kentucky and losing to Stanford.UConn: The Huskies travel to LSU to face the Tigers on Sunday.---Follow Doug on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/dougfeinberg Air Max 95 Pas Cher Femme . -- Vincent Lecavalier got everything but the desired result in his return to Tampa Bay. Air Max 270 Pas Cher Femme . There was no hesitation from the 40th-ranked Pospisil, from Vernon, B.C., who admitted that he cut back on his training sessions over the last few days to conserve energy as the long ATP season finishes next week at the Paris Masters. http://www.pascherbasketnike.fr/france-air-max-97-solde.html . Its an influence in football and a big part of the game. Chris Mosier didnt intend to be a game-changer.When he started doing triathlons after college, he didnt envision becoming the first openly transgender athlete to participate on a Team USA squad consistent with his gender identity. This summer Mosier competed at the ITU Duathlon World Championships in Aviles, Spain. Duathlons were originally something Mosier did as a warm-up for triathlon season because he hates cold water. However, I just found that I was really good at it, he said in a phone interview.In addition to being an elite athlete, Mosier is an activist. He started the website transathlete.com, which tracks the policies governing trans participation in youth sports in each state. He also works full time as the vice president of program development and community relations for You Can Play, an organization working to end homophobia, transphobia and biphobia in sports.Mosier chatted with espnW about his incredible year, athlete activism and what a gender-inclusive sport culture looks like.espnW: Why did you become an advocate in addition to being an athlete?Chris Mosier: I dont think it was ever my intention to become an advocate, and for a long time I actually struggled with the idea of being so public and so out. I knew that when I came out publicly in media, that was a forever thing. I would never be able to just be another athlete or another guy.I knew that being visible could have a positive impact. The whole reason that I was public about being out as a trans athlete was that I didnt see people who looked like me when I was deciding to come out. I didnt see trans men competing with men. I wanted to see that and be an [example] for other people.espnW: Should?athletes have a sense of responsibility for their community?CM: Each athlete needs to make that decision for themselves, as far as how public they want their statements to be. But I think every athlete needs to understand and recognize the incredible platform that they have. If youre a good athlete, you have a little extra social capital and people listen to what you have to say. Athletes are role models whether we like it or not,?but I think its up to each person to decide how much they want to use their platform.espnW: This has been such an incredible year for you. What has been the biggest change? CM:?I actually feel visible. Prior to this year, I knew that I was impacting people. Impact is not the reason for my work, but I know that it is a byproduct of what I do, so I want my words and actions to reflect my values. The biggest change this year is that now I know people are watching and they do see me. Being recognized on the street is certainly a different thing for me as well.espnW: In your opinion, what is the current state of sport for trans athletes? CM: Im really thrilled with the movement that weve had. However, movement doesnt necessarily?mean progress. Something like [North Carolina law] HB2 is not progress, but its movement. People are talking about how [the law] impacts trans athletes, and I think thats really positive.We obviously have a long way to go and certain areas of athletic participation are moving faster. For example, I was able to have a successful year with relative ease, meaning that I didnt receive much pushback around the International Olympic Committee?policy change. I also know that when we see trans women who are athletes, that these conversations are completely different, and so I certainly have male privilegge as Im working to make policy change. Basket Nike Solde. . Our next step is shifting the conversation around trans women in sports, and also how we include nonbinary and gender nonconforming folks in a way thats comfortable.espnW: When you say shifting perceptions regarding trans women and gender nonconforming folks participating in sport, what do you mean by that?CM: There are so many intersections that could be addressed, but part of it is breaking down the sexism in sports. When people are identifying the characteristics and qualities of a good athlete, we need to understand that is different for every sport. There is so much diversity in terms of skill and genetic [composition] of genders. Since sport is so binary, it becomes complicated for anyone who is not male or female. We need to have conversations about what gender actually is and what are the attributes of a successful athlete. The idea that trans men would not be able to compete with men because they were designated female at birth, thats the sort of sexism Im talking about.When people are talking about the greatest athlete in the world, are they immediately saying Serena Williams? They should be, but Im going to guess that many minds go to scrolling through a Rolodex of male athletes.espnW: What does a fully gender-inclusive sport culture look like to you?CM:?At the most basic level, an inclusive environment in athletics comes down to respect. We need to respect one another with our language. [Its] not that we cant be competitive, that we cant talk s---, because thats part of competition and theres a place in sport for that, but at the end of the day we need to respect one another, our diverse backgrounds and who we are as people.Thats one of the reasons why eliminating casual homophobia is important. All of this conversation about locker room talk and giving someone a pass on the language they use -- thats the root of the problem. Thats one of the challenges we have with LGBTQ inclusion in sport. The locker room talk, or the casual, dismissive things that people say, creates an unsafe space for others. Thats why we see so many trans people stopping sports. Its not a safe environment.espnW: Whats next for you?CM: Part of it is enjoying this year. For a very long time, I did not celebrate my own victories and did not share good parts of my life with other people because of my fear of how I would be perceived. For example, I did not want to share that I was doing well in races, because I was not thrilled to be in the womens category. This last couple of years has been a big shift for me.Im enjoying the success that Ive had this year and training really hard so that I can continue next year. It is really important to me to make Team USA again, so that it wasnt just one and done. I have a really great race season planned for next year.Part of whats next is figuring out ways to use my platform to leverage change for other people. Whether thats my work with You Can Play, helping professional teams, colleges and high schools look at their policies, or conversations with athletes and administrators -- it will be leveraging this position so that we can see wider change. Its been a great year for me, but that doesnt make it a great year for all trans athletes. What Id really like to do is make sport a safer place for other people. ' ' '

chenwen121314  
chenwen121314

in his voice, where, when I go back to the first years, and even LSU, there was never that emotional side. He would never let a
https://insta-keto.org/

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen
Datenschutz