otball player, Riley said Tuesday in the Raiders locker room. You ask me, I think I can do everything -- cover, tackle, play the

#1 von chenwen121314 , 09.01.2020 12:04

CLEVELAND -- LeVeon Bell scored on a 1-yard touchdown run -- long after time expired in the first half -- and the Pittsburgh Steelers recorded eight sacks and snapped a four-game losing streak with a 24-9 win Sunday over the winless Cleveland Browns. Custom John Smoltz Jersey .The Steelers (5-5) scored eight points with zeroes showing on the clock before halftime after they were awarded two extra plays because of defensive penalties against the Browns (0-11).Steelers defensive tackle Javon Hargrave recovered a fumble by QB Josh McCown for a TD with 3:36 left to seal Pittsburghs win. The Steelers came in with a league-low 13 sacks before unloading on the Browns.Bell finished with a season-high 146 yards rushing as the Steelers improved to 2/3 on the road and avoided an embarrassing loss to the NFLs worst team.Ben Roethlisberger improved to 20-2 in starts against Cleveland, still paying for not drafting the Ohio native in 2004.Making it worse, Roethlisbergers 10 wins in Cleveland match Derek Anderson for the most home wins by a Browns quarterback since 1999.Cody Kessler sustained a concussion -- his second this season -- late in the third quarter. Kessler was being dragged down when he was hit by Steelers linebacker Lawrence Timmons, who launched himself and was called for unnecessary roughness.Cleveland had 33 yards rushing in losing its 14th straight going back to last season. McCown replaced Kessler and threw a 14-yard TD pass to Gary Barnidge in the fourth quarter.On a blustery day, the Steelers turned to their running game and a defense that hasnt been up to Pittsburghs standards. Stephon Tuitt had 2 1/2 sacks and the Steelers spent much of the afternoon delivering hard hits.Pittsburgh dominated the first half, but only led 6-0 before the strange final moments.Starting at the Cleveland 41, Roethlisberger drove the Steelers to the Browns 3 with 8 seconds left. On second down, Roethlisbergers pass to Antonio Brown in the end zone was incomplete as time ran out.However, Browns defensive back Briean Boddy-Calhoun was called for holding, giving Pittsburgh another chance.Again, Roethlisberger looked for Brown, who was dragged to the ground by star cornerback Joe Haden. Pass interference was called and the Steelers took advantage of a second untimed play as Bell bowled over the goal line to make it 12-0.The Steelers, who went 0-for-4 on 2-point conversions a week ago in a loss to Dallas, connected this time as Roethlisberger threw to tight end David Johnson.The miscues were a microcosm of Clevelands miserable season. The Browns are young, and unfortunately theyre taking their lumps during a massive rebuild.Three teams in NFL history previously lost their first 11 games before winning: the 2000 Chargers (who finished 1-15), the 1984 Bills (who finished 2-14) and the 1975 Chargers (who finished 2-12).SUPER STEELERPittsburgh linebacker James Harrison is the clubs career sack leader.Harrison drilled Kessler in the third quarter to pass Jason Gildon (77) for the most sacks in the Steelers storied defensive history. Its likely Hall of Famers Joe Greene, Jack Lambert or Jack Ham could have more, but the NFL didnt recognize sacks as an official statistic until 1982.Harrison has 77 1/2 sacks.MOVING UPRoethlisberger passed Hall of Famer Fran Tarkenton (3,686) for 12th place on the completions list.GRIFFIN GETTING CLOSEBrowns quarterback Robert Griffin III, who has been out since breaking a bone in his left shoulder in the season opener, did some conditioning drills, threw -- and even drop kicked a ball through the uprights -- before the game.Griffin has been cleared to practice this week and will undergo another medical exam to see if he can take contact.If he continues to progress, Griffin will likely start one of Clevelands final five games. The Browns have a bye on Dec. 4, which would give RG3 additional time to get ready.UP NEXTSteelers: At Colts on Thanksgiving night.Browns: Host Giants next Sunday.---For more NFL coverage: http://www.pro32.ap.org and http://www.twitter.com/AP-NFL Tom Glavine Jersey Large . The Cleveland Indians, Tampa Bay Rays, and Texas Rangers all won on Sunday meaning the Rangers will host the Rays in a play-in game on Monday. Bobby Cox Jersey .H. -- Matt Kenseth made it 2 for 2 in the Chase, holding off teammate Kyle Busch to win Sunday at New Hampshire Motor Speedway. http://www.custombravesjersey.com/custom...arge-1287z.html .Y. -- Vancouver Canucks goaltender Roberto Luongo had little trouble picking up his first shutout of the season against a Buffalo Sabres team thats having trouble scoring goals. ALAMEDA, Calif. -- The Oakland Raiders have signed former Washington?linebacker Perry Riley Jr. to bolster their interior linebacker corps.?Ben Heeney?was placed on injured reserve Tuesday with an ankle issue, and Malcolm Smith?is dealing with a groin issue.Riley, who broke a foot last November, has not played since and said he had a second surgery on the injury in February. He had a physical with the Raiders on Monday but did not work out, he said, before signing.Riley said he grew up with Raiders outside linebacker Bruce Irvin.From fourth grade on up, weve known each other every year, Riley said of Irvin. Weve done been rivals when we was younger to best friends as we got older. Its good to be back with him.Riley also tweeted about reuniting with Irvin in the NFL.Im a football player, Riley said Tuesday in the Raiders locker room. You ask me, I think I can do everything -- cover, tackle, play the run and pass. But playing the run is definitely something that outside people have told me I do well. Im a physical player; I come downhill, taking on blocks, making plays in the gap, backfield, whatever.But I thinnk a lot of people underestimate my athleticism or speed outside in pass coverage. John Smoltz Jersey. I think I got a lot of scrutiny in Washington about a couple of pass coverages I gave up. But at the same time, a lot of people dont know everything thats supposed to go on. You dont know assignments. You dont know leverage and stuff, so a lot of stuff I got blamed for wasnt always my fault, but I think a lot of people will be pleasantly surprised with the way I cover.Riley, 28, was released by the Redskins on Aug. 30.?He had played well in three games alongside fellow inside linebacker Will Compton in 2015 before breaking his foot. That opened the way for Mason Foster to replace him, and the coaches liked how Foster performed over the final five games last season.Riley, who had been a starter for the Redskins since 2012 before his injury last season, wasnt a contributor on special teams, which also was a factor in his release.ESPN Redskins reporter John Keim contributed to this report. ' ' '

chenwen121314  
chenwen121314

d the Nuggets to their seventh consecutive loss. Wholesale Flames Jerseys .J. -- Marty Brodeur beat the Pittsburgh Penguins yet
n that $1 million. McGwires last home run ball of the 1998 season, No. 70, sold for $3.05 million. But Forneris only catches him

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen
Datenschutz